Chain link fencing may be the best choice for that protective and attractive fence you’ve always wanted for your home or business.
Here at Big Easy Fences, we offer a variety of chain link fencing guaranteed to bring both security and aesthetic to your home or commercial property.
Chain link is one of the most durable and flexible fencing options today. One thing that makes this type of fence your top choice over the others is how it can last for decades with little or no maintenance.
A chain link fence is a woven metal fencing with galvanized steel wires that are bent into a zigzag pattern to form a diamond. It is also referred to as wire netting, wire-mesh fence, chain-wire fence, cyclone fence, hurricane fence, or diamond-mesh fence.
The main purpose of putting up any type of fence is for safety and containment at home or in the public. The primary appeal of a chain link fence is it’s contribution to residential and business safety.
Chain link fencing is best used for commercial and industrial properties. It can also be a great option for playgrounds, pet containment at home, creating a backyard dog run or separate plays for large and small animals, and sports facilities like lawn tennis courts and baseball parks.
The many benefits to having a Chain link fence installed on your property include:
1. Easy and Quick installation – Hoover Fence outlines the steps to an easy-install chain link fence:
2. Extreme durability
3. Easily maintained
4. Very affordable – The average homeowner will spend between $10 to $20 per linear foot for a complete installation.
Total cost for A DIY installation can be $400-$2,000 for 100’ fence.
Total cost with professional installation can be $600-$4,000 for 100’ fence.
5. Resistant to rain, sleet, and snow. In heavy rain or snow, with UV rays or high winds, your chain link fence will stand tall and perform its duty.
6. Open mesh – This benefit comes with several other benefits, especially not blocking any of these essentials:
Once you determine the main purpose of your chain link fence, you can choose the appropriate combination of the elements to create a durable fence within your budget.
1. Choosing the Fabric or Mesh. The heavier-gauge, larger-diameter mesh is stronger and more expensive. There are three things to consider:
2. Fittings (ties and clasps that hold it together) and Framework (post and rails). Chain link fencing can be customized to your needs. You select the color and height to match the surroundings and the purpose of your fence.
3. Gates. This additional feature may be your finishing piece. You may choose from different styles depending on your needs. A single swing gate, for example, is ideal for homes and small enclosures and double swing gates work best for areas that need to be accessible to vehicles.
The best things to consider when putting up a chain link fence is the purpose, the design, the convenience, and the cost.
Since it is easy to install on your own, check out the proper tools and materials you will need.
But as with any project, you can always contact professional companies that have years of expertise on installing your chain link fence along with the regulations that need to be observed in doing so.