Fencing is very important for every property.
For whatever reason, whether for security, privacy, or just to enhance curb appeal, installing fences is almost mandatory for homeowners.
Of course, you would always want to save money when buying a fence. But the process of buying and then installing it are not as easy as you think.
Planning and budgeting alone can take time, plus there are some factors that you also have to consider.
In need of a fence? Our guys at Big Easy Fences can help you out.
1. Fencing Material. The material of the fence that you will be using is one of the biggest factors that will affect the total price.
This can be attributed to how some materials can be more durable than the others. Also, some of these can be harder to source out due to the scarcity of the material. Both of these greatly affect the price of the fence.
Other material options include bamboo, PVC, and plastic.
2. Size or Perimeter of Lot. Since most fence materials are measured and priced by the foot, the total size or perimeter of the property to be enclosed is a huge factor. The larger the size is, the costlier it will be. It will be your choice as a homeowner if you want to surround the whole house or property with the fence.
For full protection, doing so would be better. However, if you are opting for some picket fence to enhance your curb appeal, installing on your front yard would suffice.
3. Height of Fence. Like the perimeter size, the height of the fence will also factor in. The taller it will be, the more you have to pay. In most cases, the height of the fence will depend on what you want. Maybe you can opt for a taller fence if you want more privacy and security. On the other hand, it can also depend on the prescribed length or height of the material you chose.
4. Labor Expenses. Labor costs can take the biggest allocation of your fencing budget. You can definitely install it on your own to save money if you have expertise in doing such activity. However, there can be a lot of problems and obstacles in installing the fence that you probably won’t even think about. First, the installation can take a long time if you are a beginner. Second, there can be challenges such as topography and the landscape of the yard.
5. Maintenance. In planning and buying a fence, maintenance can be considered already. Will the material of your choice require frequent painting and staining? Does it need to be treated like wood?
Now that you know some major factors affecting the costs of buying a fence, here are some ways to help you save money on buying a cheap fence with good quality.
Many homeowners make the mistake of thinking that the fence needs to be the same height all around. Fence materials are prized by its dimensions so the smaller it is, the cheaper it will be.
Planning alone wouldn’t cut it. You have to be smart in every detail of the plan. Think about your vision and the purpose of your fence installation.
You don’t have to splurge so much money on choosing the fence material. The cheapest way to replace a fence is to opt for chain links. But this will always depend on your preference.
Another trick that you can do is schedule your fencing activity in the offseason. Try to avoid building during the spring and fall because the demand is at its peak during these months.
If you are confident enough to build and install the fence, you can always try doing it. However, make sure you are not faking it in any way because you will just spend more if you mess up.
Buying a cheap fence is not an easy job but it can still be done with the proper planning.
So before you start building and installing, consider planning and researching smartly first in order to save money.
Big Easy Fences did a beautiful job installing our fence for a reasonable price. Their contractors are easy to work with, reliable, and on time. I would highly recommend them!Mr. Roman , Businessman
We love the fence! We were so excited when it was completed. The best fence company around. We’ll definitely use them again for future projects.Mr. John , Businessman
Recommended fence contractors in New Orleans. Big Easy Fences did outstanding quality work in installing our fence. I am very satisfied and couldn’t be happier!Mr. David , Businessman